Philips Avent Grown Up Cup SCF782 260ml 9oz 9m+ is rated
2.2 out of
Rated 1 out of
DisappointingThis is the 12th kind/brand of baby/toddler cup/bottle we have had. Nearly all of the others have some claim of less mess/spills, and 2 of them specifically have a 360' non-spill edge feature (this is the 3rd of that kind). I'm disappointed to say that we have not used it all... because:
1. There are several pieces to assemble, the most pieces of any other bottle we have, and it is not clear which direction/order they are meant to go. I feel there could have been a little more thought into the design or colours of the pieces so that it was easy to tell if you've done it correctly. I put water in it and have systematically tried every combination of order and orientation of each of the pieces and tested it by depressing the top as if my child was using their lip. I feel I shouldn't have to even do this process just to figure out how to get a kids water bottle together, as how would a babysitter or grandparent be able to do it?
2. Following from (1), either the top falls off (so i've done it wrong), or liquid spills straight out (so i've done it wrong), or liquid doesn't come out until the top is depressed.. BUT
3. A LOT of water comes out when its depressed. A surprising amount... AND
4. When i stop depressing the top, liquid still drains out of it for a few seconds. There is not an immediate stop to liquid coming out. To me this is a deal breaker and I have not given it to my children.
5. Even if it were non-spill, and even if it were more intuitive to assemble.... the amount of separate pieces involved to detach after use and then wash... just feels too much. Most people don't have a zillion bottles like we do, and if this was your one and only bottle for your child, I think you would hate taking it apart to wash it and putting it back together again, so many times.
I've had other Avent products before so I am rather disappointed in this product as it is not up to the quality and usability I have come to expect.
Date published: 2017-10-31
Rated 1 out of
This cup doesn't live up to avent standardI always used avent products however this cups makes a mess and leaks all over,everytime my toddler uses it he gets soaked, it says non spill but spills everywhere
So disappointed since I purchased it loving the grown up design,orthodontist approved and especially the non spill!!
Date published: 2017-10-04
Rated 4 out of
Great adult drinking style kid cupMy son has been using this since he was 10months old. Although it breaks apart (the three pieces at the top) when he throws it on th ground. It is a great way to teach him to sip from a cup.
Date published: 2017-09-10
Rated 1 out of
Poor design - does not live up to the features and benefits stated on the packaging.I purchased this cup today for my toddler. She is learning how to drink from a cup, and requires a faster flow than is possible from a spouted sippy cup.
I read the packaging carefully, and decided on this style cup as it sounded like it would suit my current needs.
After purchasing, I rinsed it and filled it with 100mls of water. My toddler easily held the handles and bought it to her mouth (she already has the concept of drinking from a cup - I just want her to learn to do it independently, without spilling). As she mouthed the side of the cup her nose pressed the centre of the 'lid', releasing the valve which meant water poured out and soaked her dress right through. She tried again to drink, this time mouthing the top (the packaging states it can be drank from 360degrees) and the entire contents spilled out of the bottom of the rim - epic fail...100mls of water ON my toddler. 0 mls in her. So disappointing.
While the water does not spill if the cup tips over, it certainly spills when toddlers are trying to drink from it. I am very disappointed with this (expensive) purchase, and would like to be contacted regarding a refund (I do not use Facebook or twitter, only email).
After reading the other reviews on here, it looks as though other parents have experienced the same thing I did. I think this product needs reconsideration, to minimize disappointment and frustration.
Date published: 2016-01-16
Rated 2 out of
Used once, now leakingWe've used the cup once, washed it once & it's now leaking. It is assembled correctly, with all Advent logos facing up, but it doesn't appear to be sealing & leaks when the cup is turned upside down. While the water is fun for our daughter to play in, it's very inconvenient for us.
Customer service has been contacted & is sending us a new top. Fingers crossed that it will solve the problem.
Date published: 2016-12-22
Rated 1 out of
Not as good as expectedPoor quality. Leaks. Too many pieces.
Cup leaks when on it's side. I bought it for Avents good brand and experience with their bottles and pumps. But the cup didn't live up to these expectation
Date published: 2017-04-20
Rated 1 out of
HorribleAll this cup did was leak all over. I would not recommend this cup to any body
Date published: 2017-03-03
Rated 5 out of
Highly recommend for all babies/toddlersI am a first time mom with a picky son, when he was six months our pediatrician recommended I transition to a sippy cup but he refused to drink out of hard spout sippy cups and wanted to drink out if a big kid cup, so I went looking and found several leaky soft spout cups and this rather pricey cup, I purchased this cup and use it at mealtime, my son at six months could use it and at one year he can drink out if a big kid cup with ease, although during travel or if I want to prevent spills since he is in the throwing stage, I still will use this cup if I am not immediately with him throuout meals! Best money I ever speant and totally worth it! The cup doesn't leak and is just as easy to use as a standard cup without the spill risk!
Philips Green Products can reduce costs, energy consumption and CO2 emissions. How? They offer a significant environmental improvement in one or more of the Philips Green Focal Areas – Energy efficiency, Packaging, Hazardous substances, Weight, Recycling and disposal and Lifetime reliability.
Love it or hate it, we want you to rate it!
Write a review and help other people make the right choice for them!