Philips Avent Grown Up Cup SCF782 260ml 9oz 9m+ is rated
2.8 out of
Rated 5 out of
This cup changed our lives!!!GtubeMom1. Our son was as born extremely premature with a severe cleft lip and palate. Because of this and other complications he never learned to feed by mouth and had to be fed via g-tube. His therapists recommended multiple nipples and cups but he didn't make progress with any of them. He has trouble with suction so straws were frustrating for him. I had to remove all the spill proof attachments on all his sippy cups so he could try to drink on his own since these require suction as well. This resulted in big spills all over the place and he never was comfortable with them. Then I discovered this cup and it was like a lightbulb went on for him. For the first time ever he was taking full feedings by mouth and actually enjoying it. Plus he started feeding himself!!!! He doesn't have to suck at all and when he tilts it back he doesn't get flooded with milk plus he doesn't have to worry if he's holding it correctly it works no matter which side he picks it up from. And if he knocks it over there's very little mess since the only portion that spills is the bit trapped in the reservoir at the top. We now only rarely have to use his tube for feedings and he's starting to explore other foods as well. I showed his therapist the cup and she's now recommending it to other families with great success. This cup opened up a whole world to our son I'm so thankful it was created
Date published: 2013-03-29
Rated 1 out of
DisappointingThis is the 12th kind/brand of baby/toddler cup/bottle we have had. Nearly all of the others have some claim of less mess/spills, and 2 of them specifically have a 360' non-spill edge feature (this is the 3rd of that kind). I'm disappointed to say that we have not used it all... because:
1. There are several pieces to assemble, the most pieces of any other bottle we have, and it is not clear which direction/order they are meant to go. I feel there could have been a little more thought into the design or colours of the pieces so that it was easy to tell if you've done it correctly. I put water in it and have systematically tried every combination of order and orientation of each of the pieces and tested it by depressing the top as if my child was using their lip. I feel I shouldn't have to even do this process just to figure out how to get a kids water bottle together, as how would a babysitter or grandparent be able to do it?
2. Following from (1), either the top falls off (so i've done it wrong), or liquid spills straight out (so i've done it wrong), or liquid doesn't come out until the top is depressed.. BUT
3. A LOT of water comes out when its depressed. A surprising amount... AND
4. When i stop depressing the top, liquid still drains out of it for a few seconds. There is not an immediate stop to liquid coming out. To me this is a deal breaker and I have not given it to my children.
5. Even if it were non-spill, and even if it were more intuitive to assemble.... the amount of separate pieces involved to detach after use and then wash... just feels too much. Most people don't have a zillion bottles like we do, and if this was your one and only bottle for your child, I think you would hate taking it apart to wash it and putting it back together again, so many times.
I've had other Avent products before so I am rather disappointed in this product as it is not up to the quality and usability I have come to expect.
Date published: 2017-10-31
Rated 1 out of
This cup doesn't live up to avent standardI always used avent products however this cups makes a mess and leaks all over,everytime my toddler uses it he gets soaked, it says non spill but spills everywhere
So disappointed since I purchased it loving the grown up design,orthodontist approved and especially the non spill!!
Date published: 2017-10-04
Rated 4 out of
Great adult drinking style kid cupMy son has been using this since he was 10months old. Although it breaks apart (the three pieces at the top) when he throws it on th ground. It is a great way to teach him to sip from a cup.
Date published: 2017-09-10
Rated 1 out of
Poor design - does not live up to the features and benefits stated on the packaging.I purchased this cup today for my toddler. She is learning how to drink from a cup, and requires a faster flow than is possible from a spouted sippy cup.
I read the packaging carefully, and decided on this style cup as it sounded like it would suit my current needs.
After purchasing, I rinsed it and filled it with 100mls of water. My toddler easily held the handles and bought it to her mouth (she already has the concept of drinking from a cup - I just want her to learn to do it independently, without spilling). As she mouthed the side of the cup her nose pressed the centre of the 'lid', releasing the valve which meant water poured out and soaked her dress right through. She tried again to drink, this time mouthing the top (the packaging states it can be drank from 360degrees) and the entire contents spilled out of the bottom of the rim - epic fail...100mls of water ON my toddler. 0 mls in her. So disappointing.
While the water does not spill if the cup tips over, it certainly spills when toddlers are trying to drink from it. I am very disappointed with this (expensive) purchase, and would like to be contacted regarding a refund (I do not use Facebook or twitter, only email).
After reading the other reviews on here, it looks as though other parents have experienced the same thing I did. I think this product needs reconsideration, to minimize disappointment and frustration.
Date published: 2016-01-16
Rated 5 out of
Love, Love, Love ITLove this cup, our little one started using this cup at 12 months. She figured it out very quickly and can handle it easily. Some have complained that their kiddos play with it and spill it, but we dont allow her to walk around with a cup. She knows that it is to be left in the kitchen and only drinks out of it when she is thirsty. Yes, it's a little more work on us, but less spills and messes everywhere.
Date published: 2012-05-06
Rated 4 out of
Good idea for transition between sippy cup & grown up cupFinally found a cup that doesn't leak! Water only comes out of the cup when the top is compressed by toddler's nose (in a normal drinking action) occasionally there's a little dribble that's left in the rim but generally a great no spill design. Once my little boy had realised he had to tip the cup back down before taking his mouth away he did really well. He really liked it too and had a big smile on his face when he realised he was drinking without a spout. My only criticism would be the handles, they're permanently fixed. I think it'd be better with either removable handles or none at all as obviously real cups don't have them.
Date published: 2014-08-29
Rated 1 out of
Leaks!I followed the instructions and video to the letter. Even before my granddaughter puts the cup to her lips, liquid is leaking on her. I am returning this cup.
Philips Green Products can reduce costs, energy consumption and CO2 emissions. How? They offer a significant environmental improvement in one or more of the Philips Green Focal Areas – Energy efficiency, Packaging, Hazardous substances, Weight, Recycling and disposal and Lifetime reliability.
Love it or hate it, we want you to rate it!
Write a review and help other people make the right choice for them!