Ricotta and Smoked Salmon Ravioli with burnt Butter and Chives
The Philips Pasta and Noodle Maker has many attachments available. Enjoy easy and homemade Ricotta and Smoked Salmon Ravioli with Burnt Butter and Chives with the Lasagna Attachment!
- Parsley and lemon pasta (lasagna attachment):
- 125 g plain flour
- 125 g semolina flour
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped parsley
- Zest 1 lemon
- 95 ml fluid (1 egg + water)
- Ravioli filling:
- 100g smoked salmon, minced
- 100g ricotta
- Burnt butter sauce:
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons chopped chives
- 1. To make the pasta, pour both flours, parsley and lemon zest into the Philips Pasta and Noodle Maker and start the machine. While the flour is churning, add the fluid in a steady stream. As the pasta sheets are extracted measure even lengths, cut and set aside.
- 2. For the ravioli, combine smoked salmon and ricotta in a small bowl and season with salt and pepper. Lay a pasta sheet on your bench and brush with water. Place teaspoons of the smoked salmon and ricotta filling along the pasta sheet, ensuring you leaving enough distance between each, and then place another pasta sheet on top. Using your hands, ensure the pasta joins neatly around the filling and cut with either a chef ring/cookie cutter, or a ravioli cutter.
- 3. Bring a large pot of water to boil. Once boiling, cook the ravioli for 6-8 minutes then drain.
- 4. Meanwhile, heat a large frypan over medium high heat. Melt the butter and cook for three minutes, swirling, until the butter is golden. Remove from the heat and stir in the chopped chives.
- 5. Once the pasta has cooked, add the drained ravioli to the burnt butter and gently stir to ensure the pasta is coated. Once coated, divide between two plates and serve with more freshly chopped chives.