Quinoa Penne with Mint Pesto and Roasted Tomatoes
The Philips Pasta and Noodle Maker has many attachments available. Enjoy easy and homemade Quinoa Penne with Mint Pesto and Roasted Tomatoes with the Penne Attachment!
- 300g quinoa pasta (penne attachment):
- 250g quinoa flour
- 2g xanthan gum
- 125ml water
- Roasted tomatoes:
- 8-10 baby vine ripened tomatoes
- Olive oil spray
- Mint and walnut pesto:
- 1 1/2 cups mint leaves (use mostly young tips)
- 1/3 cup walnuts, toasted
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup grana padano cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1. To make the penne, pour quinoa flour and xanthan gum into the Philips Pasta and Noodle Maker and start the machine. While the flour is churning, add the water in a slow and steady stream. When the penne begins to extract, cut to even lengths.
- 2. Preheat your oven to 200° Celsius. Place the tomatoes on a baking tray spraying them with olive oil and seasoning with salt. Bake for 20 minutes.
- 3. To make the pesto, Place mint leaves and walnuts together in a food processor and pulse a few times. Add the garlic and pulse a few times more.
- 4. Turn the food processor on medium and slowly add olive oil in a constant stream while the food processor is running. After adding the oil turn the food processor off and scrape down the sides with a rubber spatula. Add the grated cheese and freshly ground salt and pepper to taste and pulse again until blended.
- 5. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to boil. Once boiling, cook the pasta for 4-5 minutes then drain.
- 6. Stir 2-3 tablespoons of the pesto through the pasta and serve with roasted tomatoes.