Malaysian Chicken Laksa
The Philips Pasta and Noodle Maker has many attachments available. Enjoy an easy and homemade Malaysian Chicken Laksa with the Angel Hair Attachment!
- 300g rice noodles (angel hair attachment):
- 185 g rice flour
- 60 g tapioca (arrowroot) flour
- 5 g xanthan gum
- 1 pinch salt
- 130 ml boiling water
- Chicken laksa:
- 2 shallots, peeled
- 3 cm piece ginger, peeled
- 1 long red chilli, seeds removed
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 heaped tablespoons laksa paste
- 1 L chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 165g coconut milk
- 100g fried tofu puffs, halved
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts
- Sliced spring onions
- Fried shallots
- Chilli slices
- Coriander leaves
- Lime wedges
- 1. To make the noodles, mix rice flour, tapioca flour, xanthin gum and salt in a large bowl till well combined. Then pour into the Philips Pasta and Noodle Maker and start the machine (ignore the liquid ratio it suggests). While the flour is churning, add the boiling water in a slow and steady stream. As the noodles are extracted, ensure you are dusting with additional rice flour to ensure the noodles don’t stick.
- 2. In a food processor, combine garlic, shallots, ginger, chilli and water blend until well combined and paste-like.
- 3. Preheat a medium saucepan over high heat. Add the olive oil and the mixture from the processor and fry for 1 minute. Add the laksa paste and fry for 3 minutes, stirring constantly, until the mixture is fragrant.
- 4. Add the chicken stock and bring to the boil. Once boiling add the coconut milk and turn down the heat to simmer.
- 5. Add coconut milk, fish sauce and tofu puffs and simmer the whole mixture for 10-12 minutes.
- 6. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to boil. Cook the rice noodles for 2 minutes then drain and rinse will cold water until cool.
- 7. Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil and when boiling, drop in the ravioli and cook for 6-8 minutes until the pasta is cooked. Drain the pasta from the water and put in with the sauce, turning over to coat.
- 7. To serve, divide the noodles between the bowls and top with ladles of the broth. Top with cooked chicken, bean sprouts, spring onion slices, fried shallots, chilli, coriander and lime wedges.