Hazelnut Pasta with Sausage, Mushrooms and Pumpkin
The Philips Pasta and Noodle Maker has many attachments available. Enjoy easy and homemade Hazelnut Pasta with Sausage, Mushrooms and Pumpkin with the Fettuccine Attachment!
- Hazelnut pasta (fettuccine attachment):
- 200 g plain flour
- 50 g hazelnut meal
- 100 ml fluid (1 egg + water)
- Cream sauce:
- 250g pumpkin, 1cm cubes
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- Sea salt
- 2 Italian pork sausages, casings removed and in 2cm pieces
- 4 swiss brown mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 150ml cooking cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1. To make the pasta, pour both flour and meal into the Philips Pasta and Noodle Maker and start the machine. While the flour is churning, add the fluid in a steady stream. As the pasta is extracted, dust with plain flour, cut to even lengths and set aside.
- 2. Preheat oven to 200° Celsius.Toss pumpkin cubes with 1 tablespoon olive oil and salt and then place on a tray and bake for 20 minutes. Set aside.
- 3. Heat remaining olive oil in a large frypan over medium high heat. Add the sausage pieces and cook till golden. Then add the mushrooms and cook, stirring for 3 minutes.
- 4. Add the wine to the frypan. When the liquid has halved, add the cooking cream and cook for 2 more minutes. Remove from the heat and add the parsley and roasted pumpkin.
- 5. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to boil. Once boiling, cook the pasta for 4-5 minutes then drain.
- 6. Add the drained pasta to the creamy sauce and gently stir to ensure the pasta is coated. Divide between two plates and serve.