Beef and Soba Noodle Salad
Make delicious soba noodles with the Philips Pasta and Noodle Maker and add beef for a healthy Noodle Salad.
- 300g soba noodles:
- 2 x 200g scotch fillet steaks
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 2 cm piece ginger, julienned
- 3 radishes, thinly sliced
- Small handful snow pea sprouts
- 1 teaspoon black sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1. Preheat a grill pan over medium heat then brush with 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil. Lay your steaks on the pan and grill for 2 minutes each side for medium rare (or longer if you prefer). Then set aside to rest covered for 4 minutes
- 2. Meanwhile, heat a medium pot of water until boiling and add your soba noodles. Cook for 3-4 minutes and then drain and then place in a water bath until cool.
- 3. Once the noodles are cool, drain and place in a bowl with the spring onions, ginger, radish, and snow pea sprouts.
- 4. Mix the soy sauce, rice wine vinegar and teaspoon of sesame oil in a smaller bowl till well combined, then pour over the salad and toss till well combined.
- 5. Slice the scotch fillet steaks and serve on top of the noodle salad with the sesame seeds.