This dish uses Italian-style sausages with fennel adding a subtle hint of anise. All you need to do is decide how much parmesan you want to heap on top of it.
Servings 4, Preparation time 10 minutes, Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 500g (6) Italian-style pork and fennel sausages
- ¼ cup red wine
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 500g jar tomato pasta sauce
- 300g spaghetti, cooked and drained
- Shaved parmesan cheese and mixed green salad, to serve
- 1. Press SAUTÉ/SEAR HIGH TEMP button, set cooking time for 5 minutes and press START, do not close the lid. Place oil and onion into the inner pot, cook until onion is tender. Stir occasionally during cooking.
- 2. Remove the sausages from the casings. Add to the pot. Cook, breaking up with a wooden spoon, for 4-5 minutes or until browned.
- 3. Add wine, simmer uncovered until reduced. Add zucchini and pasta sauce.
- 4. Close lid, select STEW program, set time for 20 minutes and press START.
- 5. Once cooking is complete, turn pressure regulator to VENT to allow the pressure to release, or allow pressure to release naturally. Remove lid.
- 6. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve over cooked pasta, topped with freshly shaved parmesan and accompany with mixed garden salad.
- Chef’s tip: Sauté: Do not close the lid during sauté. Stew: Set valve to “Seal” position.