A classic italian dish of juicy chicken thighs coated in a hearty, flavour-filled sauce.
Servings 4-6, Preparation time 10 minutes, Cooking time: Slow cooking time: 3 hours (low), Pressure cooking time: 12 minutes (excluding pressure building time)
- 1.2kg (9 medium size) chicken thigh fillets, halved
- ¼ cup plain flour, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium brown onion, peeled, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- ¼ cup chicken stock
- 2 x 400g cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 red capsicum, diced into 2cm pieces
- 3 tsp dried basil leaves
- 2 tsp dried mint leaves
- ½ cup mixed green and black pitted olives
- Crusty bread or polenta and rocket salad, to serve
- 1. Coat chicken in seasoned flour. Press SAUTÉ/SEAR HIGH TEMP button, set cooking time for 5 minutes and press START, do not close the lid. Place oil and chicken into the inner pot. Stir the chicken until lightly browned. Sprinkle with any remaining flour. Stir to combine.
- 2. Add onion and garlic, stir to combine. Pour over stock and diced tomatoes, press SAUTÉ/SEAR LOW TEMP button, set cooking time for 5 minutes and press START, allow mixture to come to the boil. Add capsicum and dried herbs.
- 3. Close lid, cook on SLOW COOK LOW TEMP for 3 hours, or select MEAT/POULTRY program in PRESSURE COOKING, set time for 12 minutes. Press START.
- 4. When cooking is complete turn pressure regulator to VENT to allow the pressure to release. Remove lid. Stir in olives. Season to taste with salt and black pepper. Serve with crusty bread or polenta and rocket salad.
- Chef’s tip: Sauté: Do not close the lid during sauté. Slow Cook: Set valve to “Seal” position. Pressure Cook: Set valve to “Seal” position.