1) Fill the water tank halfway.
2) Make sure that the iron is plugged in and switched ON during the Calc-Clean process.
3) Place the Smart Calc-Clean container on the ironing board or any other even surface.
4) Place the iron on the Smart Calc-Clean container.
5) Press and hold the Calc-Clean button for two seconds until you hear short beeps.
6) During the Calc-Clean process, you will hear short beeps and a pumping sound. Wait approximately two minutes for the iron to complete the process.
7) When the Calc-Clean process is completed, the iron will produce a long beep and then it will switch off.
8) Wipe the iron with a piece of cloth and put it back on the base station.
9) As the Smart Calc-Clean container becomes hot during the Calc-Clean process, wait approximately five minutes before touching it.
10) Carry the Smart Calc-Clean container to the sink, empty it and store it for future use.
11) If necessary, you can repeat steps 1 to 10. Make sure that you empty the Calc-Clean container before you start the Calc-Clean process.