These Asian-inspired ribs - with plenty of rice to soak up that sauce – taste delicious whether they’re eaten with your fingers or with a fork.
Servings 4, Preparation time 15 minutes, Cooking time: Pressure Cooking time: 30 minutes (excluding pressure building time)
- Spiced lamb ribs with sticky glaze
- ¼ cup sumac
- ¼ cup cumin
- 2 tsp crushed chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- Finely grated zest and juice of a lemon
- 1.6kg lamb riblets
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup kecap manis
- Finely chopped fresh coriander, to serve
- Sesame rice
- 4 cups cooked white rice
- 3 spring/green onions, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1. Combine the sumac, cumin, chilli flakes, paprika, garlic, lemon zest and juice. Rub into the lamb ribs. Place into the inner pot.
- 2. Close lid, select MEAT/POULTRY program in PRESSURE COOKING, set time for 30 minutes. Press START.
- 3. To make sesame rice combine cooked rice with spring onion, sesame seeds and sesame oil and keep warm.
- 4. When cooking is complete allow ribs to stand for 5 minutes. Turn pressure regulator to VENT to allow any remaining pressure to release. Remove lid and transfer ribs to a serving platter, cover with foil to keep warm.
- 5. Wipe inner pot clean. Add honey and kecap manis to inner pot. Press SAUTÉ/SEAR LOW TEMP button, set cooking time for 5 minutes and press START, do not close the lid. Stir until heated. Pour over the ribs and sprinkle with chopped fresh coriander if desired. Serve with prepared Sesame rice.
- Chef’s tip: Pressure Cook: Set valve to “Seal” position. Sauté: Do not close the lid during sauté.