Remember when risotto was all the rage and you spent far too long standing at the stove, stirring the pot, while your guests enjoyed another glass of wine? Yes, us too. But now, those days are gone as the All-in-One Cooker makes perfect, no-stir risotto every time.
Servings 4, Preparation time 15 minutes, Cooking time: 14 minutes (excluding pressure building time)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small leek, finely sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 300g chicken breast fillets, cut into 2cm pieces
- 200g button mushrooms, trimmed, sliced
- 2 cups (420g) arborio rice
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 1L chicken stock, salt reduced
- 60g butter, chopped
- ½ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- Extra freshly grated parmesan, to serve
- 1. Press SAUTÉ/SEAR HIGH TEMP button, set cooking time for 8 minutes and press START, do not close the lid. Place oil, leek and garlic into the inner pot, cook until leek is tender. Stir occasionally during cooking.
- 2. Add chicken. Cook until lightly browned. Add mushrooms and rice. Stir to combine.
- 3. Add wine. Simmer uncovered, until wine is absorbed. Pour over the stock. Stir to combine.
- 4. Close lid. Select RISOTTO program in PRESSURE COOKING and press START.
- 5. When cooking is complete turn pressure regulator to VENT to allow the pressure to release. Remove lid. Give the risotto a good stir with a rubber spatula. Add butter, parmesan cheese and parsley. Stir until combined. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Place the lid on the pot and stand for 5 minutes. Divide into bowls. Serve with extra freshly grated parmesan.
- Chef’s tip: Sauté: Do not close the lid during sauté. Pressure Cook: Set valve to “Seal” position.