Fork-tender pork in a sweet-smoky glaze, offset with the crunch of red cabbage and the tang of a sour cream dollop.
Servings 6, Preparation time 25 minutes, Cooking time: Pressure cooking time: 30 minutes (excluding pressure building time)
- 1.5kg boned pork shoulder
- 2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 tbsp ground cumin
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1 ½ cups (375ml) smoky barbecue sauce
- Flour tortillas, tomato, shredded red cabbage, mashed avocado and sour cream, to serve
- 1. Spray the inner pot with canola oil. Remove excess fat from the pork shoulder and cut into pieces about 4cm thick. Place the pork into the inner pot. Combine spices, sugar, pineapple juice and sauce, stir to combine. Close the lid.
- 2. Close lid, select MEAT/POULTRY program in PRESSURE COOKING, set time for 30 minutes. Press START.
- 3. When cooking is complete allow to stand for 10 minutes. Turn pressure regulator to VENT to allow any remaining pressure to release. Remove lid.
- 4. Transfer meat to a serving platter. Pull the pork apart using two forks. Keep residual liquid for a sauce if desired – see TIP.
- 5. Top tortillas with red cabbage, tomato and pulled pork, drizzle with sauce if using. Serve with avocado and sour cream.
- Chef’s tip: Pressure Cook: Set valve to “Seal” position.