“We understand that the amount of data and information that radiologists work with each day is dramatically increasing. With Illumeo we are now equipping them with the tools to enable a more efficient, uniquely personalised workflow experience and more confident diagnosis.”
Illumeo aims to enable faster diagnoses, to drive well-informed care decisions and improved patient care. Illumeo integrates with existing systems such as Philips IntelliSpace PACS and will eventually extend its workspace efficiency beyond radiology to other domains.
Illumeo’s built-in intelligence will automatically record the preferences of Northland DHB radiologists and will adapt the user interface to assist the clinician by offering tool sets and measurements driven by Illumeo’s understanding of the clinical context.
By pioneering the application of adaptive intelligence for radiology, Illumeo’s main clinical benefits include:
- Contextual relevance - provides the radiologist with meaningful patient data via the ‘Patient briefing’ and is anatomy-aware, to suggest the right tools based on what the user is looking at.
- Adaptive intelligence - allows for an intelligent, tailored user experience and workflow. It achieves this by recording and reproducing the user’s hanging protocols in a consistent manner.
- Reduced variability – incorporates guidelines built into the system to remind radiologists of best practices and ultimately assist in standardizing care throughout the institution.
- Extensibility - integrates easily within existing systems by leveraging the latest interoperability standards (such as HL7 FHIR, DICOM RESTful web service, etc.), in order to present relevant patient data
* Adaptive intelligence is seen as an emerging concept of combining domain specific models and knowledge (e.g. in the field of Radiology) and Artificial Intelligence to create an adaptive and contextual experience, anticipating users and augmenting their work. The current release of Philips Illumeo exhibits the first step into Adaptive Intelligence.