Leek and potato soup with prawns
A warm, creamy classic with fresh prawns thrown in for added deliciousness.
Servings 4 persons, Preparation time 10 minutes, Cooking time: 33 minutes
- 300 grams leeks
- 300 grams potatoes
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 1 onion
- 20 grams butter
- Season to taste
- 8 prawns
- Preheat the HomeCooker for 3 minutes on 175°C.
- Add the butter into the pan and set the timer to 6 minutes.
- Slice the onions and leeks into the pan with the Cutting Tower (small slicing disc).
- After 6 minutes, add the stock and slice the potatoes into the pan with the Cutting Tower.
- Set the timer to 7 minutes at 130°C.
- Pop the prawns into the steaming basket, place it onto the pan, and cover with the lid.
- Simmer for 20 minutes at 110°C.
- Add seasoning as needed, remove the stirrer and mix the soup with a hand blender.
- Chef’s tip: When shopping for potatoes, pick those that have the flavor you like most. I like to serve this thick, creamy soup with toasted bread. If the soup’s too thick, add a little extra stock or cream when reheating.