Indian styled lentil soup
Blending a lentil soup gives such a rich result, the starch thickens the soup but some chunkiness remains.
Servings 4 persons, Preparation time 5 minutes, Cooking time: 23 minutes
- 100 g yellow lentils, washed
- 100 g chickpeas (can)
- 100 g chopped red pepper
- 2 chopped tomatoes
- 100 g chicken thighs
- 700 ml chicken stock
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp red pepper powder (pimento)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tbsp balsamic vinegar juice of ½ lime, or more to taste
- 4 stalks fresh parsley or coriander
- Cut the chicken in 2 cm pieces.
- Place all of the soup ingredients into the Soup maker with the chicken on top. Close the lid and press the Puréed soup program.
- When the program is ready, pour the soup into bowls or deep plates.
- Sprinkle with chopped herbs and serve.
- Chef’s tip: You can also try using the Chunky program and blend with the Manual program to leave more texture in the soup.