Rated 1 out of 5 by Fitness59 Quality poor at best.
First the battery to the remote was dead. I need ease of use. This was not easy to use and having a brand new product with a dead remote was frustrating. I needed to use it tonight. Poor quality at best. I am a fitness instructor and my old DVD of 5 years finally hit the grave. I needed a trust worthy replacement so my husband spent the money to again buy a product that would stand up against time. I have everything so he tried to buy me something I needed. Quality was not the case. Didn't even meet day one standards. Buy another product. Please! Sad to say my husband tried to buy me a quality product for my birthday but instead I got a poor product and of course I was not happy nor nice because I needed this TONIGHT so I could teach a class tomorrow.
9 September 2014
Rated 4 out of 5 by RMMM I have mixed feelings on this one!
Rec'd this Portable PD 9000/37 DVD player for my birthday. I always wanted one to take with me on camping trips so I could watch/listen to anything I wanted with my headphones on and not disturb anyone.
But, only one small problem....with today's technology etc. the player does not recognize "blue-ray" DVD's. Which in my mind creates a big problem for most people.
So, I said yes I would recommend this product as long as you don't own nothing but blue-ray....then it's of no use to you.
28 June 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by TonyaNC1 easy to use
I got this DVD player as a gift. It works great, easy to use and the picture is great.
31 January 2014
Rated 5 out of 5 by Bjjsave Love it
Easy to use. Keeps the kids quiet on trips. Perfect
16 April 2013
Rated 1 out of 5 by Brodysmama Toss your money out the window!
I am on my second dvd player in 2 months. The first one I received didn't work at all. I exchanged it, tested the new one and it worked. 3 weeks later I went on a trip with my son, get on the plane and the dvd won't spin. I tried all 5 dvds I brought and none of them work. Now I'm past my 30 days to return it and I have to go through the manufacturer warranty when I have another flight in 2 weeks. I'm frustrated and will never buy a Philips dvd player again.
15 April 2013
Rated 3 out of 5 by RRS61 poor battery life; no "remaining time" feature
You can read about the features of this unit elsewhere, so I won't take up space. My negatives w/ this player are:
* The advertised 5 hour battery life is actually 3 1/2 hours on a full charge. Also the fully charged battery drains when playing dvd's with the provided electical chord, because when it is turned off, it goes into the charging mode for hours; this is probably not good because rechargable batteries have a limited charge/ discharge life.
* I cannot use my good noise cancelling headphones w/this unit because the motor causes a bad hum; other non-noise cancelling phones work fine, and the sound is excellent.
* As expected w/a small portable, the onboard speakers are quite poor; they don't distort, but the top volume is so low that you can not hear it distinctly over 4 feet away; it's ok setting on my lap.
* There is an "elapsed time" feature, but I miss not having a "remaining time" feature to see how much time is left on the disc.
* The bright green "on" light on the front of the unit is very distracting, but it is easily covered w/ opaque tape or a folded piece of heavy paper.
* The 0-9 keypad on the tiny remote must serve some function, but I've yet to figure it out, and there is no mention in the manual about what they are for.
15 January 2013
Rated 5 out of 5 by woodlands just got it
great product, bright picture, perfect sound, light weight, easy to watch while resting in recliner
29 December 2012
Rated 5 out of 5 by Cymru Good design and easy to yuse.
I am quite familiar with Philips prducts as I lived in Europe for many years. This portable DVD player meets all expectations. You may be interested in one observation I have,which is that some of my PAL region DVDs do not play. This may be a problem with the DVD rather than any shortcoming of the player. As I also have a regular Philips DVD player which plays NTSC and Pal regions this is not a major problem to me.
18 October 2012