Philips ADR810 Car driving video recorder ADR81BLX1 Full-HD 1080p Automatic collision detection Fatigue index and driver alert Emergency Easy Capture is rated
Rated 4 out of
Very good picture quality. Need better windscreen mount.
Very good picture quality. The collision detection is a little sensitive even on low as it saved too many files while travelling on gravel roads.
Easy to use. When looking at windscreen from the outside it blends in well with the rear vision mirror.
Date published: 2016-03-22
Rated 4 out of
Its a horses for courses decision
My car drives very smoothly so camera shake isn't so much of a problem.
The construction is a little lightweight and lets the product down.
The mount works well enough but none of the 810 has a hewn from girders feel.
The main point of the Philips ADR810 dashcam is where it gains its spurs, you get a decent picture day and night.
Its very simple to use and bundled with a memory card would help as you can't use it when you get it.
So Philips when you spec its replacement just up the quality a notch all round and perhaps include some memory and anti shake as well.
Date published: 2016-01-15
Rated 3 out of
Honest review after day/night of testing
Today I received my Philips ADR 810. Took straight for testing (mainly night driving).
I had a huge expectations for this dash cam after watching Techmoan's review on YT.
But it turned out not as good as my existing Dash Cam (I don't want to mention brand name)
1. Very good video quality (day/night), excellent when stationary.
2. Nice design, all black colour
3. Wide angle lens
4. Emergency file saving button on cigarette lighter end
1. Cheap plastic
2. Collision Detection sensor too sensitive, even if set on "low". Was triggered on every speed bump or pot hole. Too many unwanted emergency files created. I had to switch it off completely.
3. Camera windscreen mount too flimsy. At night on every bit of uneven road created camera shake, so picture was getting blurry every few seconds of recording. Maybe there isn't video stabilisation in this camera.
4. Sound recording too quiet, microphone problem I guess.
Con number 3 made my decision to unfortunately return this camera. I thought I finally I found dash cam that meets my expectations, but sadly Philips ADR 810 won't be the one.
Date published: 2015-09-16