- Launches The ‘+’ Project: a comprehensive, multi-year program that aims to improve the health and well-being of people across Asia Pacific.
- Identifies day-to-day health and well-being challenges, addresses them through co-creation, crowd sourcing and meaningful innovation.
- Establishes an innovative regional thought leadership and engagement platform that promotes collaboration between relevant stakeholders.
SINGAPORE – Royal Philips Electronics (NYSE: PHG, AEX: PHI) today underscored its commitment to improving the health and well-being of people in Asia Pacific by launching a new engagement program called The „+‟ Project. This initiative intends to achieve tighter collaboration between the public, companies and governments to improve people‟s health and well-being by finding new, innovative solutions to everyday challenges people face across the region.
Philips, a health and well-being company with 120 years of meaningful innovation experience, is well positioned to address modern-day health and well-being challenges in Asia Pacific. “With The „+‟ Project, we intend to improve the quality of people‟s lives through innovations that truly matter. We‟re focusing on solutions aimed at enriching the lives of people and communities in Asia Pacific by combining our lighting, healthcare and consumer lifestyle capabilities,” said Wayne Spittle, Senior Vice President and Area Manager for Philips Asia Pacific.
Spittle added that The „+‟ Project by Philips would work on improving the health and well-being of people in Asia Pacific across three core themes:
- Livable Cities centers around increasing the safety, sustainability and ambiance of cities and with that their overall livability.
- Healthy Living concerns eating healthier, enabling people to take better care of themselves and their loved ones and creating a healthy living environment.
- Access to Healthcare is about working toward quality healthcare systems that provide affordable and accessible care to people across the Asia Pacific region.
The „+‟ Project by Philips will be rolled out across countries in Asia Pacific over the course of several years, starting with Indonesia, where the initiative will be launched later this month.
In countries across Asia Pacific, The „+‟ Project will identify concrete local health and well-being challenges through crowd sourcing and community engagements, and will translate these challenges into concrete projects aimed at addressing them. Philips will take the lead in bringing these projects to life and deliver them in co-operation with the various stakeholders.
The „+‟ Project also includes a highly engaging and informative platform that forms a digital, regional thought leadership center on health and well-being, where all activities pertaining to The „+‟ Project will converge. This platform can be found at philips.com/plus.
This commitment to improving the health and well-being of people in Asia Pacific comes at a crucial point in history, with the world changing rapidly on the back of key, inescapable global trends. The rising prominence of emerging Asia as well as changing regional demographics highlight the need for people, companies and governments to place significant focus on ensuring the future health and well-being of people and communities. The birth of the world‟s seven billionth person – a symbol of rising world population, which is slated to significantly urbanize – underscores this need for a collaborated thrust ensure the quality of life for people in Asia Pacific.
The „+‟ Project builds on the findings from the recently undertaken Philips Health and Well-being Index survey, which is a comprehensive analysis of responses from over 31,000 people across 23 countries, providing new insights into people‟s health and well-being across the globe. Philips believes that it is crucial to gain and share as much knowledge about the state of health and well-being of all people in the markets the company addresses in order to arrive at innovations that are truly meaningful.
For more information, please visit philips.com/plus