Sydney, Australia – Building on its brand promise to support mums from pregnancy to playground, Philips AVENT – the mother and child care brand that has been recognised as mothers’ best choice1 – is excited to announce the launch of its first free mobile application, “My Baby & Me.”
The application, available via the iTunes App Store, offers a range of features to help mums track their baby’s development from infancy to toddlerhood and to help make day-to-day caring for their child easier. “My Baby & Me” has gone through extensive testing by real mums and the features are proven to be both helpful and easy to use. Some of the tracking functions include:
- Feeding: Helps mums remember which breast they fed from last, how many meals were solid, liquid, bottle, or breast fed, and baby’s most recent feeding time – aggregating all information into simple and helpful charts
- Nappy Change: Monitors nappy change activities for a useful picture of baby’s bowel movement schedule
- Sleep: Records the time that baby goes to sleep each night to track sleep patterns
- Weight and Height: Tracks baby’s physical growth via input of weight and height at regular intervals
“My Baby & Me” also lets mums upload photos and track major development milestones – including birth, first time eating solids, crawling, and walking – using virtual stickers and share these special moments with friends and family through a built-in connection to Facebook.
The application also includes:
- A searchable database of breastfeeding friendly locations for mums on-the-go
- Practical advice tailored to each development stage, with additional informational advice to come in upcoming releases
“Philips AVENT is proud of its heritage and reputation among Australian mums. Our new mobile application allows us to extend beyond our product line to offer even more support to parents,” said Muir Keir, Senior Marketing Manager for Philips AVENT. “With so many mums using the online space to connect and share information, we felt it was only natural to develop a parenting tool designed for mobile use that can help in all the major areas of parenting.”
“My Baby & Me” is available for download free in the iPhone Applications store or on iTunes at
http://itunes.apple.com/au/app/my-baby-me-by-philips-avent/ or on http://www.avent.com/mybabyandme/.
A demo video on the application is also available at http://www.philips.com/mybabyandme/.
Visit the Philips AVENT website at www.philips.com.au/avent to learn more about its product portfolio, and for valuable information and tips on feeding.
1 Kidspot Best of Awards, 2010 (www.kidspot.com.au).